Springtime of the Soul Retreat has grown out of the response to the author’s book, Springtime of the Soul. This retreat is designed for intentional time alone with God, providing the participants the opportunity to reflect on their spiritual journey. Through the use of the disciplines of journaling, prayer and scripture, Carole guides this time of holy listening. Each of her presentations is followed by a time of silence for personal prayer and reflection.
Scripture focus for the retreat: Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts…(Psalm 139:23-24). “No one but a fool or a sincere soul would ever pray this prayer—’Search me, O God,’ search me right out to the remotest depths, to the innermost recesses of my thoughts and imaginations; scrutinise me through and through until I know that Thou dost know me utterly, that I may be saved from my own ways and brought into Thy way. Any soul who prays that prayer will be answered.” (Taken from the Complete Works of Oswald Chambers, pg. 1261)
Chambers goes on to say: “Psalm 139 states for us the profoundest experience of a soul’s life with God. It is a marvellous moment in a man’s life when he knows he is explored by God. The introspective tendency in us which makes us want to examine ourselves and know the springs of our thoughts and motives takes the form of prayer with the Psalmist. He speaks of God as the Creator of the vast universe outside him, of His omnipotence and omnipresence, but he does not end there. There is something infinitely more mysterious to the Psalmist than the universe outside him, and that is the mystery of his own soul. ‘There are mountain peaks in my soul I cannot climb, ocean depths I cannot fathom; there are possibilities within which terrify me, therefore, O God, search me.’ That is introspection intercession.”
Springtime of the Soul Retreat:
- On location at your site
- 1 or 2 day retreat
- Designed specifically for women of all ages
- Customized for each group
- Led by Carole Hamm and/or Laurie Evinsky - author & program creators
- Ideal for churches with established small groups or those seeking to create a special ministry to women
- Effective for people at any stage of their faith walk – including those who are simply exploring their faith options
- An important tool for self-introspection and assessment
- Fun. Fellowship. Friendship development. Faith-building.
- Special emphasis on Prayer, Scripture, Journaling with leader directed time alone with God
- Teaching and Testimony time
- Individualized assistance and support
- Special group quantity discounts on teaching/source materials
Contact Carole Hamm for information or to schedule your Springtime of the Soul Retreat!
(Please use the contact form at the bottom of the page.)